A chemical peel is a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck and hands that involves peeling the skin with a chemical. A solution is applied to the area to exfoliate a thin layer of skin. It dissolves dead cells, eliminates impurities and tightens enlarged pores. The new, regenerated skin is usually smoother, less wrinkled and with a radiant complexion. It is possible to reach the deepest layers of the skin by using the chemical solution in different concentrations and thus stimulate the production of collagen.
Chimica peels can be done on the face, neck, or hands. They can be used to:
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pils
- Improve the look and feel of skin